Icicle-Kit power issue

Got my Icicle Kit today. Only 3 LEDs light up when i turn it on: DS14 (blue by power), 5P0V and 2P5V. Documentations says “Power status LEDs 12P0, 5P0, 2P5V, VDDAUX4, 3P3V, VDD, 1P8, 1P1V_LPDDR4, and VDDA will glow.” That’s not happening. I checked the jumpers twice before attaching the power. I’m using the power supply shipped in the kit. Power cable is fully plugged in. Tried it with and without UART USB attached.

The docs give a suprising amount of detail as to the power rails and voltage regulators. Does that mean this is something I could somehow fix? Somehow I doubt it. The Host USB detects four ttyUSB devices (even with unpowered board), but there is no activity on the UART terminals whatsoever (as expected when the board isn’t properly powered).

Did I do something wrong?

Hey @mikedilger :slightly_smiling_face: it doesn’t sound like you’ve done anything wrong! You should have the 4 power LEDs lighting when you plug it in and flick the switch. I’m really not sure whats gone wrong to cause this.

The quickest and easiest solution for you would be to return the board for a replacement with the distributor you bought it from. Alternatively you can go through the RMA process with our tech support using our portal.

I’m sorry the board hasn’t come up straight away, hopefully you’ll be up and running soon!

Ok I’m doing the RMA thing. Thanks.